In everyone’s lives they have key moments. These moments include being born, beginning school, learning to drive, first job, first home and retirement. However, one of the most crucial times is going to and graduating from college.
Going to college requires a great deal of decision making in order to select the right school and career path. However, the biggest obstacle for college bound students is paying for college. With the ever rising costs associated with going to college, students are faced with the task of finding sources to pay for college. Some of the ways students pay for college includes scholarships, college savings plans, student loans and parental assistance.
The process can be overwhelming for some students. To assist new college bound students find financial aid, here are some helpful resources:
Finding a College
- Selecting a College – useful resource outlining a plan on how students can select a college.
- College Planning – informative web site containing a number of topics pertaining to selecting a college.
- College Fair Checklist – helpful checklist of items to consider when attending college fairs.
- Essential Steps to Selecting a College – information on what steps students should follow to make a college selection decision.
- College Selection Factors – handy toolkit for college aged students in helping make a college decision.
Selecting a Major
- Choosing a College Major – article outlining factors to consider when selecting a college major.
- Find Your Major – helpful quiz to assist students in finding the proper major.
- College Majors and Professions – helpful website coving what majors and professions are available to students.
- Choosing a College Major – useful website to help students select the right college major.
- Steps in Choosing a College Major – five steps for students to aid the college major decision making process.
- College Scholarship Guide – helpful information on how to find available college scholarships.
- Scholarship Search – website containing a free search for available scholarship funds.
- Scholarship Information – information and tips on how to get a college scholarship.
- Scholarships and Grants – useful information on getting available college scholarships and grants.
- Scholarship Search – resourceful site for finding scholarship money.
College Savings Plans
- College Savings Plans – resourceful site containing information on college savings plans.
- Saving For College – helpful web site with information and ideas on how to save for a college education.
- 529 Plans – information and description of the college saving plan 529.
- Intro to 529 Plans – SEC information on how 529 savings plans operate and how they can benefit college students.
- Savings For College – informative web resource explaining how college savings plans work.
- Student Loans – informative government site on how student loans operate.
- Financing Overview – information and suggestions on how to finance a college education.
- Federal Direct Loans – government information on the federal direct student loan program.
- Student Loan Information – overview of the available student loan programs for college students.
- Student Loans – helpful site containing information on how you can get a student loan.
Financial Aid Resources
- Student Financial Aid Resources – collection of resources and information on financial aid for college students.
- Financial Aid Guide – helpful information from the federal government on how to finance a college education.
- Financial Aid Resources – informative article with information and resources for college financial aid.
- Financial Aid Resources – useful information on college financial aid.
- Financial Aid Information – resources on college financial aid.