A degree in the Arts and Humanities opens the door to a wide variety of possible careers, many of which emphasize the written or verbal communication of human skills and knowledge. It is also common for those who major in the Arts & Humanities to do some form of teaching.
Arts and Humanities majors get a broad base of knowledge in subject areas such as:
• Art History
• Classical Studies
• Liberal Arts
• Modern Languages
• Religious Studies
Degree programs in Arts and Humanities look at humans, including the events that have shaped people and their culture and how they communicate with each other. Students tackle how to abstract issues and develop their research and writing skills as they learn. This major is a good choice for those who want to explore ideas and who are curious about people and events. This type of program teaches participants to be open-minded and objective.
Arts and Humanities programs can offer flexibility; many of them allow students to develop their own course of study. Students can pursue general studies or focus on a specific geographic region, such as the Americas, Asia, Europe, or the Middle East.
An Arts and Humanities degree can prepare you for entry-level opportunities as a sales or management trainee, research assistant, or an administrative assistant. You can also use the degree as a foundation for further study in education, law, or medicine. A Master’s Degree in Arts and Humanities can qualify you for a teaching position at the community college level. If you want to teach at the university level, a Ph.D is required.
- Associate Degrees
- Bachelor Degrees
- Anthropology Bachelor’s Degree
- Art Bachelor’s Degree
- Art History Bachelor’s Degree
- Communications Bachelor’s Degree
- Divinity Bachelor’s Degree
- Fashion Merchandising Bachelor’s Degree
- Journalism Studies Bachelor’s Degree
- Liberal Arts Bachelor’s Degree
- Literature Bachelor’s Degree
- Multidisciplinary Studies Bachelor’s Degree
- Religion Bachelor’s Degree
- Technical Communication Bachelor’s Degree
- Theology Bachelor’s Degree
- Theology Bachelors Degree
- Masters Degrees